The TV industry has been going through immense change over the past decade, through cord cutting and the streaming wars. Until recently, this story has been one of subscriptions. Of late, largely driven by new players coming to market, incumbents are looking at new ways to monetize. Enter connected TV. One of the fastest areas of advertising spend growth in more developed markets, CTV represents an opportunity for media companies, ad technologies, agencies and brands to reach online audiences in new ways. This panel is designed to explore the ecosystem in the MENA region as it is today.
CTV Webinar 2022
Thursday 03 November 2022
- Welcome & Introduction
- Keynote: The CTV MENA Landscape
- Yann will share perspectives on the market landscape today, how it has developed and the current players and their offerings, providing a backdrop for the panel discussions that follow.
- Panel Discussion #1: CTV Landscape & Infrastructure
- This panel will discuss what the challenges have been for the media industry to adopt OTT and streaming in the region. It will explore the marketing dynamics, the current marketing offerings. It will also delve into how investment has changed from infrastructure/technology to content and vice versa over the years. Finally, they will discuss how the landscape is now viewed with the recent trend towards more ad supported tiers.
Speakers:Husain Al Shehabi
- Panel Discussion #2: CTV Content & Advertising
- As CTV content delivery becomes mainstream in MENA, the panel will discuss the ways the region may adopt or deviate from the path that ad-supported CTV has taken in markets like the US and EMEA. The group of experts will comment on the demand for CTV ads, audience measurement, and digital best practices that can be applied to this emerging field.
- Closing Remarks and Q&A
- Wrap and Close
Audrey LouisGlobal Director of Programmatic Partnerships, Equativ
Audrey Louis has been designated as a Global Director of Programmatic Partnerships since 2016 at Equativ formerly DynAdmic/Smart Adserver, managing buying strategy and overseeing global tactical supply partnerships. In 2019, she was relocated from France to the New-York office to accelerate the CTV offer and develop the supply relationships. In August 2022, she has joined Dubai team to support the local business opportunities. With 10 years of experience in media and advertising industry, Audrey has MBA degree in Marketing and Management from Montpellier University, France.
Husain Al ShehabiStrategic Partner Manager - Global Partnerships, Google
Husain is currently responsible for developing monetization strategies for Google’s strategic partners in the Middle East and North Africa.
Prior to Google, Husain was heading business development in the Emerging Markets and then Public Private Ventures at Careem.
Husain started his first half decade of his career in Boston Consulting Group supporting regional clients across industries in their strategic planning, focusing on financial services and public sector.
Husain holds an MBA from INSEAD and BSc in Industrial Engineering with a minor in Economics from Columbia University.
Ian ManningCEO, IAB GCC
Ian is currently the Acting CEO of the IAB GCC, having worked with other industry leaders to establish it in MENA. He has had the privilege of working in multiple roles across multiple markets over his 20+years. This included leading global clients for Agencies in London, as CEO for an Agency in South Africa and recently as Head of Agency Partnerships for Facebook in the MENA region.
Yann ColléterFounder, The Streaming Lab
Yann is the Founder of The Streaming Lab, an agency and studio that advises and creates streaming-based technology businesses. He is also the writer of The Streaming Lab – MENA, the only newsletter about OTT in the MENA region.
Previously, he was the Head of Sales at Grey Juice Lab, a premium OTT content aggregator. He was the Co-Founder of ChatFood, an omnichannel ordering and data-driven marketing platform. He helped Orange acquire one of the internet’s most popular streaming service: Dailymotion.
He shares his thoughts on LinkedIn and on his newsletter → yanncolleter.substack.com